We want your visit to the Apple Island RV Resort on Lake Champlain in South Hero, Vermont to be as enjoyable as possible.
Please review and follow our guidelines.
If anything is not to your satisfaction, please bring it to the attention of the staff.
Entrance to the resort constitutes permission for the staff of Apple Island Resort to photograph or film anyone while on-premises and to use resulting photographs or film for any purpose without payment, inspection, or review.
Resort Emergency / Assistance………………802-372-3800
Follow instructions for Emergency Calls
Fire / Rescue / Emergency……………………..911
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT:
Campsites & Tent Sites: 2:00pm
Cottages, Cabins, & Mott House: 3:00pm
Campsites: 12:00 noon
Cottages, Cabins, & Mott House: 11:00 am
- No late check-out available for Cottages, Cabins, & Mott House.
- Late check-out available until 4:00pm if Campsite or Tent Site not in use. A fee will be charged. Any late check-out, pre-registered or not, will be assessed a late check-out fee.
- All parties must register at the Resort Office.
- Rental charges are due upon arrival. No refunds after check-in. No credits or refunds issued due to weather.
- At check-in, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, & Cash. Valid photo ID required. Personal Checks are only accepted for advanced deposits if received at least 14 days prior to date of arrival.
- Visitors must register at the Resort Office, pay a Day Visitor Fee, and obtain a Vehicle Pass.
- All visitors must be accompanied to the Pool and Community Center by a registered camper. Sites with unregistered visitors will be asked to leave the resort.
- Visitors may NOT bring pets with them.
- Visiting Hours: 9:00am – 10:00pm
- Only one RV/camping unit per campsite.
- All rates include 2 Adults & 2 Children. Maximum of 6 people per site. Maximum of 4 Adults per site. Extra Occupant Fee charged for additional campers.
- NO tents permitted on RV, Cottage, or Cabin sites, and at The Mott House.
- Tenters may camp in the designated tenting area, if available, and may have 1 large or 2 small tents on a tenting site.
- One canopy, with or without screen sides, is permitted. May not exceed 12′ wide x 12′ long x 8′ high.
- Quiet Hours: 11:00pm – 8:00am.
- Registered guests are responsible for the conduct of their children & visitors. Children may not be left in the Resort unsupervised. All children under 18 must be back at their campsite during quiet hours.
- Fires in provided fire pits only. Please extinguish campfires before retiring or leaving your site. All fires must be out by 11:00pm.
- Do not cut or damage any living trees or shrubs.
- Do not trespass in any posted restricted areas.
- The Resort provides daily trash pickup from your site. Please place bagged trash and recycle materials at roadside in the morning by 10:00am.
- Use the provided trash bags: Clear for household trash & Blue for recyclables.
- Burning trash in your campfire is a violation of local, state, and federal regulations.
- Please help us maintain a neat and clean Bathhouse by not dumping your personal garbage in the Bathhouse trash cans.
- Dumping wastewater on the ground is a violation of Vermont State Health law.
- All vehicles must be registered with the Resort Office & a
- Vehicle Pass must be displayed at all times.
- Only licensed drivers may operate motorized vehicles, including golf carts, within the Resort.
- Obey posted speed limit of 15 MPH.
- Use designated roadways only. Do not walk or drive through other campsites.
- No more than 2 vehicles are permitted per campsite. Boats and trailers are considered a vehicle.
- Motorcycles may only be used to enter or exit the Resort.
- No riding of ATVs, motorized scooters, mopeds, or minibikes.
- All motorized vehicles and bicycles must have lights and tail lights/reflectors installed and operating during hours of darkness.
- No more than 2 dogs allowed per campsite.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times when outside and may not be left unattended.
- No temporary fencing permitted.
- Dog breeds or mixed breeds commonly known to be of an aggressive nature (including, but not limited to, Pit Bulls, Chows, Rottweilers, German
- Shepherds, & Doberman Pinschers) are not permitted. Resort Management reserves the right to determine the acceptability of any pet.
- Pet waste must be immediately picked up and properly disposed of.
- Noisy or unruly pets or those that cause complaints will not be allowed to remain in the Resort.
- Pets are not allowed in common areas, recreational areas, or neighbors’ campsites. Service animals are excluded.
- Pet owners will be liable for all damages caused by their pet.
LAUNDRY & BATHHOUSES:
- The laundry room and bathhouses are open 24 hours a day.
- Please leave the facilities clean when you leave.
- Laundry machines will only accept American currency.
WATER & SEWER:
- Washing & repairing of vehicles and& RVs are not permitted. Those in violation will be charged $50.
- Holding tank must be empty when connecting to sewer on campsite.
- Rubber sewer collar or screw-in male adapter must be used when connecting to sewer on campsite.
- Do not flush anything other than human waste and RV toilet paper.
- Daily Hours of Operation: 7:00am – 8:00pm
- Smoking is not permitted in the Community Center or in any Resort building.
- Appropriate attire, please. No swim suits allowed.
- Use of alcohol is not permitted unless specified at a Resort event.
- Please be considerate of the time spent on the computer in the Library, so others may also enjoy its use.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted in the Fitness Room.
- Use of the Fitness Room is at your own risk.
SWIMMING POOL & HOT TUB:
- Hours of Operation: 10:00am – Dusk. Use is prohibited at any other time.
- No lifeguard On Duty – Swim At Your Own Risk
- Emergency Phone and First Aid Kit Located in Resort Office.
- In Case of Emergency – Dial 911
- Pool & Hot Tub are for resident & guest use only; you must be 12 years or older to use the Hot Tub.
- Please follow the safety rules posted at the Pool & Hot Tub.
- Floats, arm bands, noodles, tubes, and flotation devices to assist small children in the pool are permitted.
- Young children must be toilet trained to enter the pool. No diapers allowed.
- Bathers are to use the restroom in the Winooski Bathhouse.
- Shower before entering Pool or Hot Tub.
- Radios, etc. are to be played quietly and kept away from the water.
- Apple Island Resort reserves the right to refuse admittance into our swimming facility when the capacity of the Pool has been reached or when otherwise deemed necessary for health, welfare, or safety of our patrons.
STATEMENT OF LIABILITY & CONDUCT:
Apple Island Resort is privately owned and operated. Management has full authority over the campground and facilities, including enforcement of rules.
Persons using Apple Island Resort and its facilities do so at their own risk, and they assume full responsibility for injury or illness while using our grounds and facilities.
The Resort and Management assume no liability for stored units or any personal property which may remain therein, nor for any accidents or injuries, electrical outage, fire, theft, or lost and stolen articles.
We reserve the right to evict anyone not abiding by Apple Island Resort guidelines or for behavior which is detrimental to the Resort or its guests. If campers do not vacate immediately, they will be considered trespassers, and the proper authorities will be contacted.